Hey there everyone! Just a few updates on what I'm doing these days.
I am currently about to begin performances as Captain Treville & The Duke of Buckingham in Connecticut Repertory Theater's production of THE THREE MUSKETEERS directed by Tony Simotes. I also wrote original music for the production. It is a blast so if you're in the northeast area, come check it out! Playing Nov 21-Dec 8. More info on my website, listed below.
I am also composing/recording original music for a wonderful production of HENRY VIII, directed by Tina Packer at Actors Shakespeare Project in Boston. More info on that is on my website as well.
I recently returned from a month in Italy where I was playing the title role in HAMLET at Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan. I also fight directed the production and it was an absolute blast. I had never traveled to Italy before and this was a wonderful experience. During my time there I was in Milan, Cremona, Bologna, Rome, Urbino, Pesaro, Florence and Cinque Terre. While most of my time there was spent working on the play, I did get a week to travel around with my fiancé, Jessica, who also was working as the stage manager and set designer for the production.
I am happy to say that I am returning to the ACA this year to teach my second year of original workshops focusing on the dramatic function of music in Shakespeare's plays. Hooray!!
I would write more but I need to get to sleep. For more information about me or my projects, check out www.AlexanderSovronsky.com
Love to you all! :-)